Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Can we breathe yet?


     Summer is here! I feel like we are nearly through with all of our crazy busy activities that have pulled in all different directions and we can finally enjoy just being.... The kids finished school a couple of weeks ago, but then I had a women's retreat this past weekend. I was on the team planning it, which started back in February with weekly meetings. Joe had been on the team for the corresponding men's retreat, so we were running hither and yon. His retreat was in April, so he has been waiting, just slightly impatiently, for mine to be through so we can have our evenings again! Anyway, last week was nuts. Joe had to go to Kodiak for work Sunday evening and didn't return until Wednesday evening. I dropped the kids off at a friend's house Thursday morning and left for the retreat. Joe had the kids all by himself this weekend, while fighting a nasty cough, so he didn't have the best weekend. Then, I got back from the retreat Sunday, tired as all get out, but feeling pretty good.
     Monday morning, chaos continued to reign. Joe met coworkers for breakfast while I dropped Levi off for his week at camp out at Echo Ranch again. He gets to go for five days this year, and since he's 10, he now gets to ride the zipline! He found out he was in a cabin with two of his really good friends, so he was a happy boy when I left. Next was taking Rachael downtown for her time at the Juneau Fine Arts Camp. She gets to take dance, ukulele lessons, cooking, watercolors, and calligraphy. Busy time for my big girl! In all this, Megan gets plenty of "Mommy and me" time, which I know she loves.
     All this continued activity is making me tired! But, now it's the kids that get to run around and I'm actually enjoying some downtime for the first time really since--gosh, I don't know. Maybe late last year before Joe started his ham radio class? And people wonder why I haven't signed my kids up for more activities this summer than they're already doing?! Aside from swim lessons for the girls later this summer and Vacation Bible School next week, we need to have time to not have plans. I'm looking forward to waking up in the morning and not have a clue as to what we're going to do that day.
     Another bright moment--Joe and I were examining our finances this morning and realized that we are firmly on track to meet our goal of having everything paid off, well before the end of the year! I'm so looking forward to putting money aside for our big adventure and seeing the numbers in the bank account rising. although seeing the debt amount decrease has been exceedingly satisfying. We're getting there! Every day, we're getting closer to being able to take Kyrie on the adventure for which we bought her. In the meantime, though, I try to remind myself that every day, especially living on a boat with three children, can be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment