Saturday, March 28, 2020

Levi's Loquaciousness, Vol. 1

 (Because there was apparently a little confusion, I--Kristen--thought I ought to preface this first kid posting. Hopefully, the older two will start to have their own posts from time to time. Not only is it a good chance for them to practice their typing, but it also gives them an opportunity to voice their opinions on this crazy life we have embarked on, even if said opinion differs from Mom's or Dad's! Because I like alliteration and because apparently I had time to think about things like these, each kid's post will have a title like this. Levi's posts will be "Levi's Loquaciousness, Vol. X," depending whatever number of post he is on. Rachael's will be "Rachael's Ramblings" and perhaps someday, we will all be treated to "Megan's Musings." Hopefully this clears up any and all confusion, and hopefully this is just the beginning of the kids' contributions to this blog! Without further ado, I give you volume one of Levi's Loquaciousness.)

  Man! I love this life, all the things you get to see, the places you get to go. For instance, an anchorage we went to a few months ago is called Caleta Partida and is by far, my favorite anchorage--so far. I have to admit, I was quite nervous about this when we started this life and still am a bit, but going down the west coast and, spending a lot of time in Mexico, especially in Mexico, has helped with that. I mean, hello! We get to swim in the ocean--and you can't do that up in Alaska, eat REAL Mexican food, heck, I got to eat a smoked marlin burrito not a week ago, and even got to see some Mexican folk dancing. This was the real thing with a Mariachi band, the ladies had enormous skirts and the men were dressed in traditional clothing.
   You wouldn't believe all the kid boats we've met so far, I mean, we're only nine months into our adventure and I think we've met over 30 kid boats. Though some of them were seniors in high school they still count as kid boats don't they? I still miss my friends back up north, but we keep in touch by video chat when we have internet, and E-mail by our single side-band when we don't.
   We've been stuck in San Blas for about two weeks now, things have been pretty slow because of the corona virus and we've been trying to keep our distance from people to keep from getting sick, though I've already gotten sick once and my Dad is sick- I think it was the corona I got if it was it's no big deal-. I personally don't like getting cooped up in the boat all the time, but hey! What can we do? At least there is another kid boat here to hang out with. Please pray that we get a weather window to head back up to the sea before the government seals the port. Hasta manana amigos!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Levi! Yes, you're all experiencing lots of different things - including hot springs from what we read. Course, I don't know what the one you visited with the other two kid boats was like, but I remember White Sulpher Springs! Yayyy, hot springs!!

    ReplyDelete